Indoor Air Quality
Home » Indoor Air Quality » Air Sealing
Air Sealing Services in Fenton, MI
Heating and cooling your home effectively is a goal that you share with all other homeowners. After all, who doesn't want to live in the greatest comfort possible throughout the year? However, you must keep in mind the fact that effective heating and cooling isn't really the full picture. You also want to be able to heat and cool your home with great efficiency, right?
Homes today tend to be sealed up pretty tightly upon new construction. Older homes, not so much. And even newer homes can develop air leaks in certain trouble spots relatively quickly. So what is a homeowner to do? Schedule air sealing in Fenton, MI with the professional technicians on the First Choice Heating & Cooling team, of course. We make your home happy!
Signs That You Need Air Sealing
Since our company was established in 2001, we’ve shifted our focus a bit from new construction services to the successful completion of necessary ongoing services that homes and systems need to excel. Your home performance is just as important as your HVAC systems’ performance, even if you don’t think of your home in terms of performance generally. So how do you know if you’d benefit from air sealing? Keep an eye out for these warning signs of leaks.
- Uneven heating and cooling. This is a pretty obvious sign that there are weak spots in your home’s thermal envelope. If there is an area or several areas in your home that never seem as comfortable as others, it is very likely that you have air leaks in that area.
- High energy costs. Does it just seem like you are paying too much to heat and cool your home, despite the fact that you’ve done a good job of keeping up with routine HVAC maintenance? If so, energy loss due to air leaks is a likely culprit.
- Reduced indoor air quality. When talking about air leaks, it’s not just the conditioned air going out of the house to consider, but also the pollutants that can make their way in. Don’t let a leaky envelope lead to poor indoor air quality in your home.
How Does Air Sealing Work?
The term "air sealing" is a bit of an umbrella term. There are 3 major ways to go about sealing up one’s home. You may try and handle some of them on your own, but working with a trained, experienced professional will pretty much guarantee better results.
- Caulking. One of the most effective facets of air sealing is also one of the simplest. Applying new caulking to the seams of windows and doors, or in other leaky spots, is a great way to seal up one’s home more effectively.
- Weatherstripping. If you feel drafts coming in from gaps between your doors and their frames, weatherstripping is definitely recommended. This will help to eliminate those "small" drafts that can have a big impact on your energy costs.
- Attic air sealing. You know that heat rises. The last thing that you want is for heat to escape from your home in the winter via a leaky attic. You also don’t want heat infiltrating the home that you are cooling in the summer through the attic. Sealing up your attic is really an option to consider carefully.
We Are the Air Sealing Professionals to Trust!
Our team of technicians put your satisfaction with the services that we provide above all else. We aren’t going to try and sell you on products and services that you don’t really need, either. Honesty and integrity are the cornerstones of our business, so call today if you want to pursue exceptional air sealing in Fenton, MI.