Zone Control Systems in Fenton, MIGive us a call today: 810-750-8100
When you turn on your HVAC system, heated or cooled air moves to every room connected to the ventilation system. If this seems like a wasteful way to do things, then we’re thrilled to tell you about the alternative: a zone control system. First Choice Heating & Cooling has served the Fenton, MI area with great heating and cooling since 2001, and we can help you get the best benefits from a zone control system.
- Free installation estimates
- 3-year guarantees on repairs we perform
In addition to installing zone control systems, we handle repairs and regular maintenance so you’ll keep enjoying the advantages of controlling which rooms in your house receive heating and cooling. We are focused on honest and friendly customer service—it’s our goal to make both you and your home happy!
If your home had a voice … it would call First Choice!
How Does Zone Heating and Cooling Work?
A zone control system comprises 3 basic components. These are a central control panel, electronic dampers, and thermostats. The thermostats are installed throughout the house, one in each temperature zone. The central control panel is installed in your HVAC system, and the electronic dampers are installed in your ductwork. The thermostats and the dampers are all wired into the control panel.
As you adjust the temperature at any given thermostat in the house, the system will modulate the operation of the HVAC system. The dampers will adjust as needed in order to allow more heating or cooling into the given temperature zone. This is a major contrast to simply shutting the vents in an area of the house not in use, while the HVAC system continues to work as normal.
What Are the Benefits of Zone Heating and Zone Air Conditioning?
Zone heating and zone air conditioning have a number of benefits to offer. Again, we must stress that you are only going to reap the full benefits of a zone control system in Fenton, MI if you schedule your zone control installation, replacement, and/or repairs with trained professionals. Leave it to us, and take advantage of the following benefits.
- Reduced heating and cooling costs. Every home is different, and there are a lot of different factors at play when it comes to how efficiently you are able to heat and cool your home. By maintaining different temperatures in different areas of the home, though, you can avoid unnecessary energy use by no longer heating or cooling areas of the home that don’t really need it as much as those that do.
- Improved comfort levels. Not every member of every family is going to have the same temperature preferences as the others. You can eliminate arguments about thermostat settings by allowing different individuals to live and sleep in different temperatures, ensuring that everyone is happy while avoiding the constant adjustment of the thermostat.
- Less system wear and tear. If you have a big home, but certain areas of that home are rarely in use or are naturally more comfortable than others due to window placement, design, etc., then you can take some strain off of your HVAC system by cutting down on your heating and cooling demand. Don’t make your system work any harder than it should have to.
First Choice Heating & Cooling never aims to sell homeowners on equipment or upgrades that they don’t really need. Instead, we place much of our focus on the proper servicing of existing systems to keep them running excellently. In order to get a truly great performance from your HVAC system, though, upgrades are sometimes beneficial. If you think that using a zone control system is right for you, contact us today!