Ductless Systems in Fenton, MIGive us a call today: 810-750-8100
You don’t need extensive ductwork in your home to enjoy powerful, energy-efficient heating and cooling throughout the rooms. Ductless systems, also known as ductless mini splits, are types of heat pumps that work without the need for any ductwork. First Choice Heating & Cooling can help you enjoy the benefits of ductless heating and cooling—we install, repair, replace, and maintain these convenient systems.
- Free installation estimates
- 3-year guarantees on repairs we perform and 5-year labor warranties on installations
- Friendly customer service
We’ve serviced Fenton, MI since 2001, developing a reputation for honesty, quality work, and caring about customer satisfaction. If you’re looking for the best when it comes to ductless HVAC, then First Choice Heating & Cooling is the company that will make your home happy!
If your home had a voice … it would call First Choice!
How Does Ductless Heating and Ductless Air Conditioning Work?
A ductless system uses heat pump technology to allow it to both heat and cool one’s home. Refrigerant is evaporated indoors and condensed outdoors in the summer, in order to remove heat from the house. In the winter, the ductless mini split draws heat out of the air outside and condenses the refrigerant indoors, in order to warm the house.
The major difference is that, unlike a traditional air source heat pump, ductless mini splits do not use air ducts in their operation. Instead, they use individual, wall–mounted blowers to distribute air directly into the rooms in which they are installed. These blower units are connected to a single outdoor unit – typically 4 blowers per outdoor unit – via a simple conduit containing power, refrigerant, and any necessary drainage lines.
Benefits of Ductless Mini Splits
Using a ductless mini split allows for some truly great benefits. Obviously, the heat transfer method of heating means outstanding heating efficiency. That is hardly where the benefits end, though.
- Efficiency: Yes, heat pump technology equals efficient heating. Ductless mini splits take it even further, though. Because there is no ductwork in use, there is also no risk of energy loss via leaky ductwork. Plus, because each blower is controlled independently of the others, you can heat and cool only those areas that want, and only as much as you want.
- Indoor Air Quality: Leaky ductwork is not only a problem because conditioned air can get out. It’s also a problem because pollutants can get in. Eliminating the ductwork eliminates this risk entirely.
- Versatility: A ductless heating and cooling system is one of the most versatile comfort systems around. Zone control is an inherent part of ductless heating and cooling, plus you can use just one system throughout the entire year to keep your home comfortable.
We Install, Replace, Repair, and Tune Up Ductless Mini Splits
One of the great facets of a ductless mini split is the ease with which such systems are integrated into existing properties. The conduit connecting the interior and exterior components require only that a 3" hole be drilled in an outward facing wall. This "ease" of installation, though, does not mean that you can trust just anyone to install your ductless heating and cooling system in Fenton, MI.
First Choice Heating & Cooling has the skilled, trained technicians on staff to ensure that the job is done right. Your system will be appropriately sized for your home, and it will be installed therein with the utmost care. Schedule your ductless mini split maintenance with us, and we’ll help to keep your system working at peak performance and efficiency levels. If and when trouble does arise, we’re on–hand to complete your ductless mini split repairs. Contact us with any questions that you may have.