Indoor Air Quality
Home » Heating » Boilers » Steam Boilers
Steam Boilers in Fenton, MI
Boilers in general continue to rank among the most reliable, effective, and popular of all home heating systems. These days, new boilers installations tend to lean toward hot water boilers. There are still a lot of steam boilers in use, though, and steam boilers are still commonly installed. The key to getting the best performance that your steam boiler has to offer is to schedule your steam boiler services in Fenton, MI with trained professionals.
You'll find plenty of honest steam boiler technicians on our staff, and we are more than happy to handle any steam boiler services that you may require. From the installation of new systems to repairs and maintenance, as well as upgrades and retrofits that can make your existing more efficient, we do it all. Call First Choice Heating & Cooling today to ask about your steam boiler options. We make your home happy!
We Install and Replace Steam Boilers
Installing a boiler is a major undertaking, and it is not one that you can entrust to a local handyman. Regardless of whether you use natural gas, propane, or heating oil to fuel your steam boiler, you need trained professionals to install that equipment. This is the only way in which you can hope to use your steam boiler not only effectively and efficiently, but safely as well.
Before any heating system is installed in your property, you need to know just how much heating capacity you’ll require. That’s why you want our technicians to use specialized software in order to complete your heat load calculation. That way, you’ll have the heating capacity that you need without paying for potential that you don’t.
Once we’ve properly sized your system, there is still the matter of installing the steam boiler itself, as well as the steam radiators that the system will use. There aren’t quite as many options available when using this type of system as there are with others, but we’ll make sure that you have the best equipment in place for your needs. Contact us for a great steam boiler installation or replacement in Fenton, MI.
When Should I Schedule Steam Boiler Repairs?
Ideally, you’ll schedule your steam boiler repairs the moment it becomes clear that there is something wrong with your heating system. However, there are certain situations in which the cause of the problem is quite simple to resolve, often caused by basic user error. Here are a few tips to investigate before scheduling steam boiler repairs in Fenton, MI.
- Make sure the thermostat is set to "heat" and the temperature setting is set above the actual room temperature.
- Look for a "low battery" signal on the thermostat. If so, replace batteries. (This should be done once a year.
- Make sure the circuit breaker in your electrical panel is in the on position. If it’s off, it could be because someone accidently turned it off or because it tripped due to an overload. If you turn it on and it "trips" to the off position again, there’s something wrong and you should call us to accurately diagnose the problem for you.
- Make sure the on/off switch on the boiler is in the "on" position. This usually looks like a light switch on or near the boiler. There could sometimes be a fuse in this switch that should also be checked. If the fuse blows, call us for help.
- Check the water level in the sight glass, it should be anywhere from about a third full to half full. If not, make sure boiler is cool and manually feed water until it reaches this level. If you have an automatic feeder, then it’s not working properly and you should call for service.
Don’t forget that the best way in which to keep your steam boiler working at peak performance and efficiency levels is with routine steam boiler maintenance services. We have a great maintenance program that will take all of the headache out of keeping up with maintenance. Give us a call, and heat your home with the success that you deserve.