Indoor Air Quality
Home » Indoor Air Quality
Indoor Air Quality Services in Fenton, MI
When you think of living comfortably in your home, you may think immediately of your heating and air conditioning systems that allow you to maintain comfortable temperatures all throughout the year. This is obviously a huge facet in the quest for comfort – but it's not exactly the whole picture. Maintaining comfortable temperatures is undeniably important, but so too is maintaining great indoor air quality in Fenton, MI.
The fact of the matter is that the quality of the air in your home could easily be worse than the quality of the air outside. There are a number of different factors that may negatively influence your indoor air quality, and that can lead to number of different problems. Fortunately for you, the IAQ specialists on the First Choice Heating & Cooling team are here to help, just as we've been since our establishment way back in 2001. We make your home happy!
What Causes Poor Indoor Air Quality?
There is no single cause of poor indoor air quality. In any given home, a number of different factors may converge into a perfect storm for subpar air quality. That is why the most effective indoor air quality systems in Fenton, MI will often comprise more than one single approach to boost air quality.
- Airtightness. One of the leading causes of subpar indoor air quality is actually how tightly constructed and sealed up homes are these days. It’s great for energy efficiency, but can lead to very stale air being trapped in a home with too little natural ventilation.
- Cleanliness. General cleanliness is going to have a major impact on your indoor air quality as well. The pollutants that you track into your home on your boots, along with dust and other debris, can go airborne in your house and cause air quality problems.
- Humidity. During the winter, the air outside gets very dry. In the summer, humidity levels are often too high for comfort. If the humidity in your home is not ideal, your air quality can suffer.
- Pets. We all love our pets, but there is no denying that their personal hygiene practices are limited. Pet dander and fur in the home is a leading cause of poor indoor air quality.
How Can I Boost Indoor Air Quality?
The good news? For just about any problem, there is an applicable solution. This is true of indoor air quality problems, as well. It’s all about choosing the right air quality systems in Fenton, MI.
- Air filtration systems and air purifiers can be used to filter out or remove pollutants from the air in the house. UV air purifiers are designed to destroy biological pollutants like mold spores, viruses, and bacteria.
- Humidifiers and dehumidifiers can help you to balance the humidity levels in your home. Whole–house systems are much more convenient, efficient, and effective than portable, standalone models, but must be professionally installed and serviced.
- Heat and energy recovery ventilators are used to help you keep the air fresh in your home without wasting energy during the ventilation process. We’ll help you to decide if an ERV or HRV is the right system for your needs.
Let Us Install and Service Your Air Quality Systems
We have built our company and its many successes on a foundation of trust, honesty, and integrity. We are not going to try and sell you equipment that you don’t need just to add to our earnings, the way that some other companies might.
Put the aggressive sales tactics to rest, and know that we will install the right air quality systems in your home for the right reasons. We can also maintain and repair these systems as needed to ensure that they provide you with the outstanding performance and air quality that you deserve.